The following listing has expired and is displayed only for archiving purposes.
Auto Body Technician
Repairs automotive bodies by planning repairs; repairing, replacing, and refinishing parts; maintaining tools and equipment; maintaining records.
* Plans repairs by evaluating damage; coordinating repairs with other required services; ordering and gathering parts, supplies, equipment, and tools.
* Repairs automotive bodies by removing, fabricating, attaching, and aligning parts; repairing dents; filling and sealing depressions; hammering, shaping, shrinking, expanding, filing, grinding, sanding, smoothing, and featheredging surfaces; applying repair techniques and tools, including, wrenches, cutting torch, dent puller, hand, pneumatic, and power tools, grinder, sander, welder, straightener, power, foot, and hand shear, brake, drill press, drills, etc.
* Refinishes body parts by mixing paints; matching colors; spray painting primer and finishing coats; applying touch-up paint.
* Maintains quality service by following repair standards; conducting test drive and final inspection; correcting deficiencies; obtaining approval from customer.
* Documents actions by completing records.
* Maintains tools and equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Maintains safe work environment by adhering to work standards and practices.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' specifications.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Verbal Communication, Welding and Fabrication, Power Tools, , Basic Safety, Equipment Maintenance, Functional and Technical Skills, Automotive Manufacturing, Attention to Detail, Safety Management
When applying to this position, please mention that you found it on JobDig.