The following listing has been deleted and is displayed internally only for archiving purposes.
222 W 23rd St
New York, NY 10011
New York, NY 10011
Job Location: Brooklyn, NY
DescriptionTake The NYPD Police Officer Exam
At One Of The New York City Testing Centers!
In Downtown Brooklyn OR Lower Manhattan
Take the NYPD Exam 6 days a week (Mon - Sat) at one of the NYC Testing Centers located in Downtown Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan.
A CAREER WITH A FUTURE
Why should you consider a career as a Police Officer? Aside from the benefits and stability that surpass what many industries are providing today, the police profession offers a variety of work assignments, and unlimited growth opportunities. This is a career that doesn't tie you to a desk; in fact it allows you to be part of the community, meeting people and resolving real world problems.
A CAREER WITH A VERY COMPETITIVE SALARY
Police Officers receive full pay and benefits from their first day of recruit training. The salary schedule (per annum) for Police Officers will be:
- Currently $41,975
- After 11/2 years $43,644
- After 21/2 years $48,779
- After 31/2 years $53,270
- After 41/2 years $56,609
- After 5 years $56,609
- After 51/2 years $76,488
- Currently $44,744
- After 11/2 years $48,173
- After 21/2 years $53,819
- After 31/2 years $58,786
- After 41/2 years $62,455
- After 5 years $69,005
- After 51/2 years $90,829
The base pay will increase every year to $76,488 after 51/2 years. When including base pay, longevity pay, night shift differential, holiday pay, and uniform allowance, a Police Officer will earn $90,829 before overtime after 51/2 years of service.
A CAREER WITH EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS
- 10 Paid vacation days during first & second year
- 13 Paid vacation days during third, fourth and fifth
- 27 Paid vacation days after 5 years of service
- Excellent promotional opportunities
- Unlimited sick leave with full pay
- A choice of paid medical programs
- Prescription, dental, and eye glass coverage
- Annuity fund
- Availability of a deferred Compensation Plan, 401K and
- Optional retirement at 1/2 salary after 22 years of
- Annual $12,000 Variable Supplement Fund (Upon
- Annual banking of $12,000 Variable Supplement Fund after 22
years of service (If not retiring)
- Additional benefits are available for Military
A CAREER WHERE YOU CAN ADVANCE
Every Police Executive started as a Police Officer and Police Officers develop expertise in everything from computers to community organization. With over 300 Specialized Units, there are no glass ceilings or dead ends. You can go as far as your willingness and determination will take you. Many of our officers become specialists in Aviation, Highway Patrol, Emergency Services, Crime Scene Analysis, Criminal Investigations, Drug Enforcement, Detective Bureau and much more. The skills you'll learn, the growth you'll experience and the benefits you'll earn will truly last a lifetime.
AFTER THE WRITTEN TEST... you must pass:
- Medical examination (including a drug screening
- Psychological examination
- Physical agility examination
- Background & character investigation
THE DAY YOU ARE HIRED... you must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have 60 college credits with at least a 2.0 GPA or 2 years
active military experience
- Have a valid NYS driver's license without
- Not have been convicted of a felony
- Be a resident of New York City or the counties of Nassau,
Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange or Putnam
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CALL 212-R-E-C-R-U-I-T
Or visi our website by clicking the Apply Online Now button below.
You can also visit us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NYPDRECRUIT or Twitter
Take The NYPD Police Officer Exam.
NYPD is An Equal Opportunity Employer
« When applying for this position, please mention you found it on JobDig. »