The following listing has expired and is displayed only for archiving purposes.
Direct Support Paraprofessional (DT&H)
PHASE provides the opportunity for individuals with disabilities to Live, Work, and Thrive!
The Direct Support Paraprofessional is the most important member of our team providing therapeautic engagement and support to adults with disabilities. Duties include teaching skills, carrying out individual program plans, supervision and safety. In this position, you will support adults diagnosed with mental illness in our Work Activity Program.
The successful candidate will have experience working with individuals diagnosed with mental illness, be caring, professional, engaged, emotionally fit, have a strong presence and be kind. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a worthy and exciting mission!
HOURS: This is a non-exempt (hourly) position, approximately 34 hours a week.
- High School education, vo-tech/college course work in human services, special education, or a related filed a plus.
- One to two years of vocational training/placement experience working with persons with dsiabilities in a related human services or vocational placement environment.
- Ability to develop effective relationships and work with persons with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to do job task analysis and implement community based employment training program.
- Ability to interact well with the community employers and project a positive image of PHASE in the community.
- Good driving record and possession of a current MN driver's license.
- Ability to be trained and certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Abiltiy to pass criminal background check requirements, vehicle insurance qualifications, and medical examination requirements (with doctor's certification)
- Ability to handle agression in a therapeutic way.
When applying to this position, please mention that you found it on JobDig.
- Salary Type: Hourly
- Job Type: Part-Time